The Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit reliably purifies up to 5 µg of concentrated, high quality DNA from agarose gels. It utilizes a bind/wash/elute workflow with minimal incubation and spin times. Our unique column design eliminates buffer retention and carryover of contaminants, enabling elution in volumes as low as 6 µl and with fewer steps. Monarch Buffers have been optimized, and do not require pH monitoring. Unlike other kits, there is no need to add isopropanol to the melted agarose prior to loading on the column, saving a step. Eluted DNA is ready for use in restriction digestion, DNA sequencing, PCR, ligation, and other enzymatic manipulations.
Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kits provide fast and reliable purification, reduced hands-on time and elution in low volumes
- What is a common cause of β-Agarase I reaction failure?
- What is the molecular weight of β-Agarase I?
- Why does a white precipitate form after the reaction using β-Agarase I?
- What is the optimal pH for β-Agarase I digestion?
- What type of agarose will β-Agarase I digest?
- Does the gel running buffer have an effect on the β-Agarase I reaction?
- Can a high percentage low melt gel be digested with β-Agarase I?
- Can ligation and other DNA manipulations be carried out on β-Agarase I treated gel slices containing DNA?
- How stable is β-Agarase I in reaction?
- How can β-Agarase I be heat inactivated?
- What type of agarose gels are compatible with the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit?
- Can I excise a fragment from a gel and store it for purification at a later time?
- What is the maximum binding capacity of the Monarch DNA Cleanup Column provided in the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit?
- What is the composition of each buffer provided with the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg)?
- What size of DNA can be purified with the Monarch DNA Cleanup Columns?
- What size primers can be effectively removed from a PCR reaction?
- Can the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) be used to purify RNA?
- After purification, I see a faint additional band running below the expected size on a gel. What happened?
- Are the columns in the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) the same as the ones in the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit?
- What factors affect my (A260/A230)?
- Do you have any recommendations for purification of ssDNA?
- What is the smallest volume of elution buffer that can be used with the Monarch DNA Cleanup Column?
- Can I use the Monarch DNA & PCR Cleanup Kit to purify oligonucleotides and other short DNA fragments?
- What is the maximum binding capacity of the Monarch DNA Cleanup Column provided with the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg)?
- Are Monarch spin columns compatible with Vacuum Manifolds?
- Can I use water to elute the DNA when using the Monarch Kits?
- Quick Protocol for Monarch® DNA Gel Extraction Kit (NEB #T1020)
- Monarch® DNA Gel Extraction Kit Protocol (NEB #T1020)
- DNA Purification from Agarose Gels using Beta Agarase I (NEB #M0392)
- Quick Protocol for DNA Cleanup and Concentration Using the Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) (NEB #T1030)
- Protocol for DNA Cleanup and Concentration Using the Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) (NEB #T1030)
- Quick Protocol for Oligonucleotide Cleanup Using the Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) (NEB #T1030)
- Oligonucleotide Cleanup Using Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) Protocol (NEB #T1030)
- Monarch Nucleic Acid Purification Brochure
- Troubleshooting Guide for DNA Cleanup and Plasmid Purification
- Back to basics: Important things to keep in mind when purifying plasmids and DNA fragments
- Six Tips for a Perfect Gel Extraction
- Elute in as little as 6 μl
- Prevent buffer retention and salt carryover with optimized column design
- Save time with fast, user-friendly protocols
- No need to monitor pH or add isopropanol
- Buffers and columns available separately
- Significantly less plastic used when compared with other kits
- Responsibly-sourced and recyclable packaging
- Binding Capacity: up to 5 μg
- DNA Size Range: ~50 bp to 25 kb
- Typical Recovery:
DNA (50 bp to 10 kb): 70–90%
DNA (11–25 kb): 50–70%
- Elution Volume: ≥ 6 μl
- Purity: A260/280 ≥ 1.8
- Protocol Time: 10 min of spin and incubation time.
- Compatible Downstream Applications: ligation, restriction digestion, labeling and other enzymatic manipulations, library construction and DNA sequencing
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Learn how to extract DNA from agarose gels using the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit.
Optimize your DNA gel extractions with our quick tips for using the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit.
Learn how you can easily recycle all of the components in your Monarch Kits.